Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Second day of school... MUCH BETTER!

Monday night I could barely sleep because I knew that Jule did not want to go to school on Tuesday.  I was worried.  I do not want for her to have a bad time here, and school is a big part of her day (of course.)

HOWEVER....

Day two of school was "much better" as she said.  She had so much to tell me after I picked her up from school.  What a relief!  As I told her, when the students found out that she's from Germany they wanted to talk with her.  This is good news, as she needs to be more confident in her speaking.  She is actually very good at English... she just does not know it yet.

She made a few friends and did some very cool assignments during her day.  She showed me her Oragami that she made in crafts class.  She told me about how the Geometry is different here from Germany.  She talked to the other exchange student from Vietnam.

I reached out to the other host mother, as well, and we have plans to go to dinner next week so that the girls will have some time to talk outside of school.

Things are looking much better.  I am so happy for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment