Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just another day... but tomorrow is FRIDAY!

We knew that Hurricane (now Tropical Depression) Isaac would be here tonight, and he has arrived on schedule and with a heavy hand.  Jule's plans to attend her first high school football game was wrecked.  Nobody wanted to go and sit for three hours in the rain and wind.  I don't know... it sounds fun to me!

Jule is getting a good view of the real America at her school.  A vast majority of her time there is good, and she seems to be enjoying her classmates.  I might have blogged about her hesitation at the "see through" mesh backpacks that are required of all students.  I may not have mentioned that there is security (police) that patrol her school all day, every day.  But, I explained that these precautions are taken to keep the students safe because of incidents across the U.S. over the past ten years that have garnered the wrong kind of attention.  And today she witnessed a minor incident that showed her why we are careful.  There was a fight between two students after lunch.  It was quickly controlled due to the security guards on campus.  I don't know why it is different here from other cultured countries.  I don't know why people are so angry, and especially so angry at such a young age.  But this is our reality in some instances.

Tonight's attempt at cooking actually turned out well.  I have no idea how because I put zero effort into it.  I used my crock pot and followed the recipe EXACTLY.  And for the first time I can honestly say that it was good!  I chose this recipe so that I could use something that Jule's mother sent as a present.  Maybe THIS is the reason why it went so well!
Thank you to Anita!!!!!!!!!!

The rain worked was okay, because Jule has three big tests tomorrow.  Anatomy, Spanish and English.  She studied hard tonight and will be well prepared tomorrow!

We continue to do our Jillian Michaels video each night.  I hate it, but it's good to have a partner for this horrible part of my day.

We also practiced speaking "Kardashian" tonight.  For whatever reason, the channel on the TV seems to be stuck on E! Entertainment channel where Keeping Up with The Kardashians seems to play over and over again.  I guess we're just too lazy to change the channel.  But we have become amused by the antics of the family, and especially how they talk.

This weekend we head north to Branson, Missouri to try to catch a day or two of vacation on Jule's long weekend.  (We have a federal holiday called "Labor Day" on Monday.)  Blogging will be at a minimal while we are gone, but we will have stories and pictures to share when we get back!  :)  Here is where we'll be spending our time:  Silver Dollar City

3 comments:

  1. Ich denke nicht das der Grund der Senf war,
    sondern Übung macht den Meister.
    Bon appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to reccommend using the crockpot. I often do this when working and I love it. There are tons of creative recipes online other than the standard stew and chili type, and I even belong to a group that features some freezer to pot meals. THis is where you prepare the ingredients, freeze them in a zip lock and you can take them out and put them in the pot any day and cook away. Love it! BTW - I am now addicted to Papa Murphys. I may have to join you "shredding".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver Gold Bull is a highly reputable silver and gold dealer. You will be provided with bargain, live pricing and they will guarantee your precious metals arrives to your door discreetly and securely.

    ReplyDelete