Monday, August 20, 2012

First day of school. :(

Ohhhh... the first day of school in America.  Blah.

Jule is attending a school called Sylvan Hills High School.  The school has about 1000 students from grades 9 through 12.  I am not very happy with this school.  It feels old and sad.  The students are... different.  However, I have no choice but to send her here.  I am not poor, so I have no opportunity to take her to a different place.

We spent yesterday (Sunday) some outside walking the Big Dam Bridge in Little Rock.  It is the longest pedestrian bridge in the world.  Jule and I took the dog (Cricket) but Cricket decided that she did not want to walk very far.  So, our time there was short.  We will go back without the dog!

We also visited The Old Mill in North Little Rock.  It was built in the 1800's and is famous for being in the opening credits of the movie Gone With the Wind.

We did not do much more on Sunday.

Again, today was school.  A few things went wrong, as I expected.  I really hate that Jule must go at all, but I guess I don't have a choice.  Hopefully, when looking back, it will be a learning experience -- even if it's not great.  Definitely she will appreciate her school in Germany much more after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment