Monday, August 27, 2012

Are you SURE you want just "ice" ?????

Jule and I frequent Sonic to get crazy drinks.  For those reading in Germany, Sonic is a favorite of Americans for things like Vanilla Coke or Grape Sprite or whatever fruit-and-pop mixture that you want to order.  (Jule's first attempt at a Strawberry Coke was not a success.  :)

Find out more about Sonic drive-in here:  http://www.sonicdrivein.com/sonic101/index.jsp

Anyhow, we had a funny experience at Sonic yesterday.  We stopped to get a snack.  I asked Jule "What do you want?"  She answered "Ice."  Sonic has special "ice"... it's cut differently from other ice that you find at typical restaurants.  People sometimes just order cups (or bags) of ice at Sonic because they love it so very much.  But I still found it funny that she just wanted a cup of ice.  
This is what Sonic ice looks like.

I asked her again, "Are you sure you JUST want ice?  Aren't you thirsty?"  And she re-iterated that yes, she just wanted ice.  We had been talking about the fact that we would both gain weight by eating out so much, so it made sense.  So I ordered... one Sonic slush (for me) and one full Route 44 cup of ice.  When the order was delivered, she was confused.  She said "No... I wanted ICE!"  She meant "EIS" -- ice cream.  We laughed about this for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment