Friday, December 7, 2012

Only 27 Days Left!

Well, Jule's time in America is too quickly coming to an end!  As of today, she has just under four weeks left here with me.  I am not sure what I will do with myself after she's gone!

This weekend we have plenty of plans to keep us busy here in Little Rock.  Tonight we are having dinner with Jule's friends Andrea and Daani and their mother and step-dad.  Both Jule and I have grown very fond of this family during her stay.  They are more of those "good people."  Hopefully tonight I'll get an opportunity to interview them a little so that I can write a family bio here on her blog in the next few days.  Here are a few pictures from Lily's surprise birthday party last weekend!


Lily, Andrea and Daani's mother.

Andrea, Daani and Jule.  I guess Jule was moving her head back and forth fast.
These girls love to have fun.

Andrea is quite amusing.
On Saturday, we'll sleep late I'm sure.  We've both had a hard time getting out of bed since we got back from Montana after midnight on Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

Saturday night we will be going with the Alexander family to watch the Christmas Tree display at the Promenade at Chenal.  This is quite something to see!  Here's an example of the tree as it was last year!

Next, we'll grab some hot cocoa and drive around West Little Rock to see houses decorated with Christmas lights!  I'm sure that people go crazy with their decorating in Germany, too!

Here are some examples of Little Rock decorating from last year...






On Sunday, we will attempt to get my Christmas tree out of the attic and decorate it.  I don't do a real tree... and there are reasons.  One, generally I have no help and cannot stand a tree in my home by myself.  It's impossible.  Secondly, I don't want to deal with the mess of the needles and sap on my floor.  So, I have two fake trees.  One I decorate in pink just because it's fun and odd.  The second one is bigger and I generally do that one in an "old time" theme.  We'll at least do the pink one this year... and that might be the only one since the second one weighs a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment