Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you!


Here we are on the Eve of 2013... and Jule has only two full days left with me -- Tuesday and Wednesday.  Then I must say goodbye, or "until I see you again" on Thursday.

Last night we spent time going through all my make-up.  I especially wanted to show her a product called Bare Escentuals.  It's a mineral make-up that is only powders and is all natural.  It looked really good on her.  We'd seen it a few times at one of our favorite stores, Sephora, but she'd never tried it on.  I have lots of it because it lasts a long time.

I had to work today, so Jule slept late while I sat here and pounded out numbers and words on the computer.  My life.  Ugh.



In America, there are a few New Year's Eve traditions.  The first, which we will NOT be doing, is to kiss someone at midnight.  That is definitely not happening, unless it's a kiss to Fizzgig or Hermie.  A "must" is to watch the New York City Times Square ball drop at midnight.  I wish I could have worked it out for Jule and I to be in New York City, but it just wasn't possible.  Another is to open all your doors at midnight to let 2012 out and 2013 in.  It's pretty cold this year, so we will do this for a few seconds.  A common southern USA tradition is to eat black eyed peas on New Year's day to bring good luck and financial blessings in the new year.

Time is a'tickin...

No comments:

Post a Comment