Sunday, December 16, 2012

Jule's Birthday Presents

On Jule's actual birthday, she got a few things.

First, I let her open the gift from Fizzgig and Cricket at midnight.  They wanted to get leaves and a dead squirrel carcass for Jule, but I told them that Jule would not like such things and they decided on a necklace and earrings with dogs and cats on them.

Next, I drug my butt out of bed two hours early to make a special birthday breakfast for her.   I made "monkey bread" which is a pastry rolled in cinnamon and sugar and pecans and then topped with a caramel sauce that I made also that morning.  It's all baked together usually in a large bundt cake pan, but I didn't have one so I made single servings in muffin tins.


Next, I gave her the box that she received from home and she was quite excited to open that.  She received some really cool bracelets from her family, a scarf, and a whole bunch of goodies including special things from grandma's kitchen!

Later that day she received some flowers at school.  I actually arranged these flowers by myself.  I may not know how to cook, but in all other areas I'm creative and a perfectionist.  I'm just bad at cooking and that's all.  :)


That night I let her choose where she wanted to eat dinner.  Jule's choice: Tropical Smoothie Cafe.  So smoothies and wraps it was!

The next day was her birthday party!

She received a sherpa jacket from Andrea and Daani, a pearl necklace and bracelet from the Philippines from the Alexanders, a scarf from Nom Sum, and earrings from Alisa.  From me she received a Coach watch, some Stila and Tarte make-up, and a soft gray jacket.



No comments:

Post a Comment