Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oh, The Places We've Been


Above is a popular children's book by Dr. Seuss called "Oh The Places You'll Go."  All Dr. Seuss books always rhyme and have a great message.  It is typical to give this book as a gift when someone is leaving or graduating.

Oh, the places we've been!  I calculated that we have traveled nearly 8,500 miles / 14,000 kilometers since Jule has arrived.  That is a lot of traveling!  Jule has been on buses, bikes, planes, snowboards, trampolines, rock walls and ice skates.  She's pedaled, rode, slid, jumped, skated and climbed her way through this country.  We have seen seven states and the District of Columbia and visited big cities such as Dallas, St. Louis and Baltimore.  It's hard to believe that we've fit so much in to such a short amount of time... but we have!

As I write this, I actually have tears in my eyes.  She leaves in just 13 days.  The time will go by so quickly because of the holidays and New Year's Eve.  Whatever shall I do with my time after she's gone?  Ahhh, yes.  That old thing called work.  I dread the loneliness that will return to my life.

Anita emailed that she had a dream that I was standing at their front door last night.  :)  Maybe that is a good sign that I will be visiting Unna sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment