Saturday, December 22, 2012

Church!

Anita emailed asking what we were doing around the Christmas holiday, so I figured I'd post a link to my church where we will attend on Sunday, December 23rd!

I admit that we have not been going to church on Sundays.  There are lots of excuses, all of them poor.  But this Sunday we will not miss!


Here is my church!



I am officially Baptist by faith, but I found this church about ten years ago and fell in love with it.  It is a First Assembly of God church.  I began by watching it live on TV and then realized that it was just down the street from my home!  I like this church because the sermons are very practical for life.  In addition, the church family is very diverse!  You can tell that everyone feels welcome, as you see people in suits and people in jeans and people dressed in all black gothic styles.  Unfortunately I have attended churches where the clothes you wear would get odd looks.  This church is just different.  You are accepted and loved no matter what.  And I love that these folks take the time to look at people's souls rather than clothes.

As I told Anita, it would be really cool if Jule's family or friends would watch the service as we are there!  The services will be live on Sunday.  We will be attending the one at 10 a.m. our time (1700 Germany time.)  Please feel free to click this link and watch live with us!  Who knows... you might even see us in the congregation!  This service will be different than most weekends.  If it follows previous years, most of the service will be dedicated to giving gifts to people in need.  But there will be lots of music, and the choir is quite good!  :)

We will spend Christmas morning here in Sherwood and then drive in the afternoon to my mother's home in Pocahontas.  She is cooking a special meal for us.  Then we are heading to my father's (about 45 minutes from my mother's) to have some fun in Missouri.  We will be doing more riding of four-wheelers, flying and as I promised Jule, practicing driving.  We'll go in the field behind my father's house and practice parallel parking since this is one of the most difficult things.

1 comment:

  1. ja wir werden es mit sehr großem Interesse verfolgen! wir werden mitten unter Euch sein!

    ReplyDelete