Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend 13

Jule has been at my house for over 13 weeks now.  I can't believe it's been that long!  The time has gone by so quickly!

This weekend we stayed at home.  We have lots of travel coming up, so we need some rest!  Friday night Jule did homework, as she has a lot due on Monday.  I decided to clean out my office and throw away documents that are very old.  I finally threw away the last of my undergraduate college degree papers and tax documents from 2000 and things like that.  It was well overdue.

Saturday we had two things to do.  First, we met at the Alexander family house to sample Filipino food made by Wimee and her friend.  I had never tried Filipino food before I met Wimee.  She has made me a big fan!
Chicken Adobo
Lumpia
Pancit
Flan Dessert
Jule will also remember the cute little girls that fell in love with her.  (Jule was tired from twirling them around outside.)  Here are the girls from Wimee's friend, as well as Marissa and Marissa's friend Gracie.


Next we went home so Jule could wish her mother a happy birthday via Skype!  Then we went to a bonfire at my brother Tony's house.  Jule made her first "smore" over the fire!


A "s'more" is a traditional American campfire treat that is DELICIOUS.  This won't translate correctly, but the word "s'more" comes from the words "some" and "more", as in "give me some more."  You can ask Jule about the sweet goodness of this treat.  It is a toasted marshmallow and a piece of Hershey's chocolate bar smashed between two graham crackers.  The hot marshmallow partially melts the chocolate.  It is messy, gooey, and oh so good.

As always, I was at work with my camera.  Here are a few of my favorite images from the night!

Jule's best friend here, Andrea Martinez.






My brother Tony playing the guitar.  We sang some Lady Gaga!  :)
At the end of the night, we had some great luck!  Jordan Alexander left his phone at my brother's house.  He called and said that he was driving back to get it.  So, of course, we had to make the most of this great opportunity!  We began snapping pictures with Jordan's phone so he would have a surprise waiting!  Here are just a few of the pictures we put on his phone.

Smelly arm pit picture.
 
Red popcorn up the nose.
Sausage eyes!
We are very sure that Jordan loved the pictures that we made for him on his iPhone!  We hope you love them too!

Hopefully you can tell that Jule is having fun in America and taking advantage of the American sense of humor.  We DO love to have a good time, and we take very few things seriously.  At least in my family and with Jule's friends... we are all about FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment