Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Rayni Day

I'm posting this sad blog in hopes that I can get a few people in Germany and Poland to say a prayer for the family of Rayni Worley, a little girl in my hometown whose parents had to say goodbye to her today.

I had told Jule last week that I had a friend from long ago, Jason, whose daughter was on life support at St. Louis Children's Hospital after a surgery on her back created a string of unexpected events.  Jason and I played soccer together when we were about Rayni's age.  I logged onto Facebook every morning to see if Jason had posted an update to her state.  I never posted anything back to Jason.  What words can possibly help the pain?  The one thing that was consistent was the prayers from people near and far and well wishes for this little girl.

Today, I read the update that I had dreaded from Jason.  Rayni had passed.

Please take a moment to say a little prayer for the Worley family as they begin the never-ending grieving process for their daughter.  She was clearly loved by many, as evidenced by the hundreds of people sending condolences via Facebook to my friend Jason.  My whole hometown of Poplar Bluff, Missouri loved her.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your time and thoughtfulness in writing about Rayni. This is Jason Worley and I am wondering who wrote this blog. It is very touching. I ran on to it today as I had googled Raynis name.

    ReplyDelete