Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Coolest Place in the World

On Saturday in St. Louis, we decided to get up early and head to the City Museum.  


We had picked up a brochure about it in the hotel, and I thought I'd heard from someone a few years ago that it was a really cool place.  Little did I know that this would be one of the best things that we'd do the whole time Jule has been in America.

Here are two videos, just in case you can't get to one of them.  They're both just from people who love the museum, so I apologize for any bad English.




And here are some pics...



The adventure starts inside and continues outside.  We were freezing, but it was so much fun that we had to keep going.  I felt like my hands were getting frost bite clinging onto the freezing metal, but I didn't care.


This "museum" is not typical.  It stretches your imagination beyond what you can.. imagine.  It's a maze (labyrinth) of steel, iron, concrete and glass that is unbelievable.  It's scary and dangerous, but you don't really care... because it's just that cool.  

The "ball pit"

Jule and I spent three hours crawling, climbing, sliding and hoisting ourselves through the indoor and outdoor mazes.  It was challenging, breathtaking, beautiful and ugly all at the same time.








Both of us emerged with bumps and bruises, skinned knees, and ripped pants.  The fun was oh so worth it.  I am still thinking about this place.  I can't even accurately describe the wonder of it.  Hopefully you can see one of the videos to get the full effect.


1 comment: