Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

As I've mentioned, I'm pretty horrible at cooking.  However, I am getting better.  Tonight I used the mustard from Unna again to make a lemon herb chicken dish with Jasmine rice and honey carrots.  Not bad, I must say.  In fact, it was good.

But then...

I had to follow my success with a huge failure.  I burned the cookies.  I probably would have set the house on fire if it weren't for Jule's nose smelling something burning.

You see the leaves at the bottom of the picture?  This is because the cookies are on the front porch.  They were smoking so badly that we had to take them outside.

Mmmmm... looks good, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Yummie :) send me one to germany ;)
    Love your blog.nice to know what jule and you were doing (hope it's right)
    Greetings lydia (and stephan)

    ReplyDelete