Thursday, September 20, 2012

Our Weekend Plans...

This weekend will be all about the outdoors!

We'll be headed north to visit with Jule's American grandma and grandpa, so a few things are definite... we will have good food and good times!

Friday night we'll make a two hour drive to Pocahontas, Arkansas.  It is a small city of only about 7,000 people.  The city is named for the Native American princess Pocahontas. Pocahontas is where my mother lives.  She will have a good meal prepared for us.
Our weekend travel map...
Point A = Sherwood, AR
Point B = Pocahontas, AR
Point C = Neelyville, MO
Point D = Poplar Bluff, MO

After we eat, we will head east to my father's location in Neelyville, Missouri to get some sleep for our busy Saturday.

And Saturday... Jule will drive the biggest thing on wheels that she will probably ever drive in her life.  As I write this blog, I haven't told her about this yet.  But I'm sure she'll figure it out before Saturday since I can't keep my mouth closed... rather, I can't keep my fingers from typing.  :)

So, my father has arranged for us to help some of the local farmers in their harvest of rice.  She'll learn to drive a tractor (we call it a "combine" pronounced "kahm-bine" in this instance) like the one above.  In America, the farms are very large.  According to my research, the average farm size in Germany is approximately 48 hectares (118 acres in America.)  Here, farms are very large... usually over 1,000 hectares (over 2,500 acres) so the use of large machinery is necessary.

We will do other things on Saturday, as well.  My father has some small motorcycles that we will practice driving, as well as four-wheelers.  (Don't worry... it's all flat land, no trees, with only dirt and we will NOT go fast.)  Also, we will practice shooting a "BB gun" at cans.  No  worry on this either... it's what kids play with and is really harmless.

Sunday we will travel back to Pocahontas to go fishing on the Eleven Point River before returning to Sherwood.  We will be hoping to catch bass fish.

Hope you have a great weekend planned, too!  :)  Much love from America to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment