Thursday, January 3, 2013

Special Message to Anita and Christian

To Anita and Christian... I thank you so much for allowing Jule to come and stay with me, and for trusting me with the well-being of your daughter for so long.  I cannot imagine the courage it took to allow her to cross the ocean to arrive at a complete stranger's home.  I hope our communication and this blog have given you some peace knowing that Jule has been surrounded by people who have cared for her and welcomed her into the country with open arms.  You have a wonderful daughter who is intelligent, caring, giving and thoughtful.  She has a great personality, a wonderful sense of humor, and a fervor for living life to its fullest.  She is fearless, and that will take her far and allow her to enjoy life one hundred percent.  If I ever had a daughter, I'd want for her to have so many of Jule's qualities.  You have done such a wonderful job with her.  She has been a joy to have in my life for these five short months.  She has enriched my life more ways than I can say.

Also, I have been so focused on Jule that I have not appropriately thanked you for the love and gifts you have sent from Germany here to me!  Anita... it was so wonderful to get to know you, even though the translator doesn't always say things exactly correct!  I think we are a lot alike.  :)  The gift of your friendship was the best of all!  And thank you to the family for the pen for Christmas and all the sweets that you sent, as well as the beautiful watch on my birthday.  I will be delivering a few of the sweets to Jule's teachers next week with a note from Jule as a "thank you" for their guidance.  Oh, and yes... the things that I use the most and I never said a formal "thank you" for... the hair bands from DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jule will tell you that I wear them around my wrist because I need them so often, and sometimes I wear ten of them because I'm afraid I'll lose the first nine and won't have one ready.  :)

Once again, I feel blessed that the family allowed Jule to have this experience.  I pray that she will carry the memories, lessons and friends for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment