Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bio: Javier Benavidez

So I have another biography for Jule's memory blog.  She will remember Javier for a few distinct reasons.  

Jule first met Javier when he took us to dinner at El Porton mexican restaurant.  This was the first week she arrived, and she still wasn't talking much!  Javier has been a friend of mine for a few years.  He's like a pesky brother to me, and he makes me angry quite often, but he still provides laughs when he's around.  Javier is in the United States Air Force.  When he deploys to Afghanistan, I generally send to him boxes of goodies.

Jule may also remember that Javier was at the house for putting up Halloween decorations and our two-hour late pizza that was cold when it arrived.  She was also well aware of his inability to remember my birthday each year, and my ability to give him a tongue lashing because he forgets me.


Jule and I had a very funny incident happen at Best Buy when getting the iPad 4 for her to take home.  We were there on New Year's Eve, and we laughed and laughed about how sad it was that we had no big plans that night.  I can't share ALL the details, but essentially Jule and I were texting about the strange people around us as we were waiting for the cashier.  For some reason, one of Javier's funny slang words came to mind and I texted it to Jule for no particular reason.  After I prodded her over and over, she blurted out the word in Best Buy.  She didn't know what it meant.  I got the giggles and just couldn't stop laughing.  I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.  I laughed so hard that a lady nearby got angry and said a few things, but I couldn't hear her because I was laughing so hard.

Oddly enough, the next day when we were in Target we ran into Javier while shopping.  We told him the story and got another good laugh.  When we went to our vehicle to leave, he had left a note with the same word on the window.  So we got three good laughs out of one silly little word.

Javier is another funny American about whom Jule will surely carry fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment