Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jule's American Pets

Jule has a few pets here in America.  Her American dog is named Cricket.  Cricket is 12 years old and is a Shetland Sheepdog.  Cricket loves Jule because Jule drops a lot of crumbs on the ground.  Cricket lives inside most of the time and is very well behaved.  She is small at only 9 kilograms / 22 pounds.  Her vocabulary is vast because I'm alone a lot and, therefore, talk to her a lot.  :)  Cricket is my "miracle dog" because I lost her in a different state (three hours from my home) when she was young and found her living on a hillside by herself four months later.



Fizzgig (Fizzy for short) is Jule's American cat.  Fizzy lives outside most of the time, but he has all his medications and shots so that he can come inside from time to time.  He and Cricket are friendly.  Fizzy is a stray cat that wandered up to my house while I was sitting on my front porch on my birthday last year.  He was fairly young (maybe six months old), and was starving and covered in fleas.  I HATED cats, but I couldn't turn away a starving animal.  I spent two hours trying to get close enough to him to pet him.  Finally he allowed me to run my hand down his back, and he liked it!  :)  The next night he brought his mother to my house for dinner, and the night after that he brought both his mother and father.  They are two stray cats in the neighborhood.  Fizzy just never left my house and I have worked with him enough that he is a very sweet little cat.  He's still getting used to the idea of Jule being here.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment